Boris Zbarsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ben Hutchings wrote:
>> Then I guess the problem I'm having is that changes to images (which
>> are what I'm hoping to trigger) are asynchronous...
>
> Yes, changes to images are typically asynchronous.  In fact, depending on
> what
> the change is, they might have to hit the network, right?

Yes, that much is obvious.

I'm using GtkMozEmbed and handling net_state_all signals (I think
those correspond to nsIWebProgressListener::OnStateChange) in order to
tell when pages have finished loading.  I have now changed the signal
handler to update a count of how many requests have started but not
stopped, so when dispatchEvent returns and I find that the count is
non-zero I know I need to wait for it to become zero.  In the mean
time I have to pump the event loop, of course.  If I run the usual
Gtk event loop, however, the requests for images never complete.  If I
ignore the request count and continue without waiting, I find that the
image requests complete during the next call to dispatchEvent (which
is too late).  Do you have any idea what I should be doing differently?

--
Ben Hutchings
Never attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by stupidity.