Boris Zbarsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ben Hutchings wrote:
>> As it is, the loop never exits.  My actual code for
>> on_net_state_change includes some output statments which report its
>> arguments.  They show that it is never called with the REQUEST and
>> STOP flags.  If I remove the loop, it is called with these flags
>> during the next call to DispatchEvent.
>
> Oh, hmm.... Does spinning the GTK event loop end up spinning the mozilla
> event
> loop too, here?  That is, is PL_ProcessEvents getting called while you spin
> the
> event loop?

I assume you mean PL_ProcessPendingEvents?  That is not being called.
I wonder whether there's something wrong with the way I'm dispatching
the event, that can cause further events to be blocked?  I tried
releasing the event (by setting the nsCOMPtr objects to 0) before
running the loop, but this had no effect.  I also changed the
relatedTarget argument to DispatchEvent to be 0 since the previous
value was clearly wrong.  This had no effect either.

Perhaps I've run into an obscure bug?  I can't think that it would
impact an ordinary browser at all, so it could have gone entirely
unnoticed.

I should be going to bed now, but tomorrow I shall try adding some
code to fake additional dummy events since that seems to flush the
network event through.

--
Ben Hutchings
Never attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by stupidity.