Ben Hutchings wrote:
I'm using GtkMozEmbed and handling net_state_all signals (I think
those correspond to nsIWebProgressListener::OnStateChange) in order to
tell when pages have finished loading.

This is on 1.7 branch, right? Is there a reason not to just use the page's onload event here? Or are you doing whatever you're doing after onload has fired?

so when dispatchEvent returns and I find that the count is
non-zero I know I need to wait for it to become zero.  In the mean
time I have to pump the event loop, of course.  If I run the usual
Gtk event loop, however, the requests for images never complete.

In what sense?  That is, how are you determining whether the requests completed?

If I ignore the request count and continue without waiting, I find that the
image requests complete during the next call to dispatchEvent (which
is too late).

I'd really appreciate a bit more information on how dispatchEvent is involved here, I think. I'm sort of failing to piece together exactly what's being done...

-Boris