Henri Sivonen wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Alex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>

>>since Bank of America seems to block Mozilla also
>>

> That's bad. Why do they do it? Wells Fargo is (was?) reportedly blocking
> Mozilla because they were afraid of form manager. Does this mean that
> American banks use permanent passwords instead of one-time pad
> authentication?

Hmm, maybe I'm revealing banking secrets here ;-) but all the Internet
banking systems I know use a password (aka Personal Authorization Code).

However, it seems that Mozilla recognizes 'autocomplete="off"' in the
<FORM> tag as an instruction not to memorize the user id and password
(at least it seemed to do so in Moz 0.9).

By the way, the reason why some banking sites have blocked Mozilla or
warned people not to try to log in with Netscape 6 is that they don't
want to deal with the support calls when something doesn't work or the
browser crashes. Unfortunately, when these things happen, people tend to
phone the bank instead of the Mozilla development team. I'd also like to
put "please don't use IE and NN 4.x" on the login screen as well but
then we'd start upsetting a large number of our clients. ;-)