Asa Dotzler wrote:
<snip>
We try to tackle the most important bugs first. At
> the top of the list are crashes, hangs and dataloss problems that affect
> our users. Very few people vote for these types of bugs. Perhaps voting
> would make more sense as a tool for Enhancement bugs only.  It seems
> that's where they get the most use.

The reason people vote mostly on enhancement bugs is that the rational
use of votes is to try to change the priorties of the engineers. If you
see that work progresses on a bug you do not need to vote for it.

In other words, what you say is just that the voters disagree with the
engineers on the present low priority of most enancement bugs.

Jacek