DeMoN LaG wrote:

> "Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED], on 31 Oct 2001:
> > I'm waiting on updating to 6.2 until Communicator 4.7.9. Netscape
> > is supposed to fix the problem of Netscape6 taking over all of
> > Communicator's preferences.
>
> 6.2 changed absolutely no preferences in

Past versions of Netscape 6 would over take Communicator preferences,
The system OS would overwrite Communicator File icons with netscape 6
icons. If you clicked on update facilities in other applications that
would normally call Communicator up Netscape6 would open instead.

I'd like to clear up one item. This applies to the Mac Platform. We use
Type and Creator codes for all applications. This allows for the option
of double clicking on a file and opening up the application that created
it.

In Netscape's infinite wisdom they decided to use the identical Type and
Creator codes for both applications.

They are supposed to change something in Communicator 4.7.9 to prevent this.

> > Currently you can't run the two if installed on the same Hard drive
> > (or same partition)
>
> I have a relatively fresh Mozilla build, Netscape 6.2, and Netscape
> Communicator 4.77 open right now at the same time.  On top of that, 6.2
> and Mozilla are sharing an open profile (I don't recommend this, btw).
> The installed paths are:
> c:\mozsrc\mozilla\dist\Win32_O.OBJ\bin\mozilla.exe
> C:\apps\Netscape 6\netscp6.exe
> d:\apps\netscape\program\netscape.exe
>
> --
> ICQ: N/A (temporarily)
> AIM: FlyersR1 9
> email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> _ = m

Phillip M. Jones, CET      |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street         |Who's Who. PHONE:276-632-5045, FAX:275-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809 |[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/america/default.htm
http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/message/default.htm