DeMoN LaG wrote:

> Garth Wallace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED], on 31 Oct 2001:
> >
> > Remember, Philip uses a Mac, so experience
> > with the Windows version doesn't necessarily
> > translate.
> >

> If he is unable to run Netscape 4.x and Mozilla/Netscape 6 concurrently
> because he uses a Mac, I consider that a flaw in how the Mac handles
> it's running processes.  Not a flaw in Mozilla.  I mean, I hate how
> whenever I update my graphics card drivers I have to reboot my machine.
> I'm not going to blame that on the drivers, it's Windows that
> necessitates a reboot.  Is the reason for the Mac being unable to run
> both simultaneously because it uses that "superior" method of
> determining what applications open what files (the thing with the
> creator code and such)?
>
> --
> ICQ: N/A (temporarily)
> AIM: FlyersR1 9
> email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> _ = m

The flaw is is with Netscape. Mozilla and Communicator work fine with no conflict.

Netscape in its infinite wisdom used the same TYPE and CREATOR codes to
identify Netscape 6 and Communicator.

Communicator, TYPE = BINA, CREATOR = MOSS
Netscape 6,       TYPE = BINA, CREATOR = MOSS
Mozilla               TYPE = BINA, CREATOR = MOZZ

All they had to do was change one thing in Creator code example:
 Netscape6         TYPE = BINA, CREATOR = MOZS

There would not be any conflict.

Phillip M. Jones, CET      |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street         |Who's Who. PHONE:276-632-5045, FAX:275-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809 |[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/america/default.htm
http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/message/default.htm