In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > > Currently you can't run the two if installed on the same Hard drive
> > > (or
> > > same partition)
> >
> > That is incorrect. See my other post in reply to "DeMoN".
>
> Your statement is true if you use windows or UNIX. On Mac OS 9.2.1 on
> down my statement is correct.

I actually tested this *on a Mac*.

Again:
They will run at the same time, if you launch Communicator first. If you
launch Netscape 6.2 first, Netscape Communicator 4.x quits itself upon
launch.

> see reply and explaination of type nad creator codes in another post in
> this thread.

I know what those things are. I've applied for and gotten a creator code
myself.

> (Netscape uses identical TYPE and CREATOR codes for both N6 and
> Communicator -- BINA and MOSS)

The type code for all Mac apps is APPL. You are looking at some file
owned by Negscape.

--
Henri Sivonen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]