DeMoN LaG wrote:

> Peter Lairo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED],
> on 03 Dec 2001:
>
> > Demon,
> >
> > I think you are resulting to splitting hairs for the sole purpose
> > of degrading and insulting Phillip. Your arguments are often petty
> > and seem to deliberately avoid what Phillip is saying. This is a
> > common and primitive/unproductive rhetorical trick.
>
> I have not avoided anything Philip has said.  In fact, I go out of my
> way to clarify anything he says and make sure we are talking about the
> same thing.  Such as there being an "init" command on the PC.  I don't
> believe I have degraded or insulted Philip intentionally in any way,
> though I do believe he has intentionally insulted and degraded every
> single one of the hard working people, some of which work on their own,
> with no pay, in their spare time to make Mozilla what it is today.
>
> --
> ICQ: N/A (temporarily)
> AIM: FlyersR1 9
> email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> _ = m

I don't believe I have mention particular person by name.

I've been called everthing from a fence post to a lot worse.

Every time I mention the problem with Icons changing or Internet
Config/Control Panel making duplicate setting for Communicator/Netscape
6, and suggesting changing the Creator Code by one letter. Is blown off
as silly and the problem not all that great. It is that great when you
only have one drive; have not partitioned it and now have too much to
back up, and reformat. I haven't had the time or money to get a Firewire
Drive to do so.

Besides testing I use my computer for regular work as well. (That's not
to say you as a collective group do or don't.)

I mention that i have problems on certain newsgroups using Mozilla or N6
with images Flashing and Quicktime now playing the sounds. When in the
past I had no problem. I was aware of and knew any code using the
<layer> tags would not work and understood that.

Yet again I get insulted saying to what amounts to. There is no way it
can happen. It's impossible. I'm full of  s... . Again I get called names.

By gollys it does happen to me. So it "can" happen. Its not impossible.
its real.

Some of the people here recently have actually had me to try certain
things. I've removed all plugins except for Quicktime 5.0.2 and the
Default plugin. The flashing has slowed down I can now quit without
doing a force quit and it no longer cause a System Crash.

I still have the flashing, though its on and off like a blinking light
rather than a fast strobe light.
I still don't have sound it shows the broken plugin icon.

So it seems that its incompatiblity between Quicktime 5.0.2 and Moz/N6.
I am not going back to Quicktime 4.0. for any reason.

The sounds not working are "embedded" sounds. Perhaps you have gone to
using BG Sound like IE/OE does. If you have I am unware of it. The
sounds used are either mp3, wav, mid, or aiff all types that Qt should
handle with no problem.

N6/Mozilla should work with "any" version of QT on the Mac Platform,
why? Because unlike the PC plaform that has Crescendo, Media Player,
WinAmp, RealPlayer. The only Application/ plugin that works great on the
Mac (because of lack of development) is Quicktime. RealPlayer works only
with certain types of files and then only as an application even though
it installs a plugin. There is a window media Player for AVI files but
there is no work on the AVI Codecs for years on the Mac Platform.

So you need to walk a couple of Miles in my shoes instead of trying to
cut my feet off.

So if anyone has felt like I have personally attacked a particular
person my applogies to that person and if anyone has me your forgiven.

By the way if anyone wants to see what i am talking about go to either
of these two groups:

See if anyone experiences what I do. IF so explain to me what's going
on. Remember several versions ago they did work.

snews://secnews.netscape.com/Netscape.test.multimedia

Phillip M. Jones, CET      |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street         |Who's Who. PHONE:276-632-5045, FAX:275-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809 |[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/america/default.htm
http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/message/default.htm