In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Every time I mention the problem with Icons changing or Internet
> Config/Control Panel making duplicate setting for Communicator/Netscape
> 6, and suggesting changing the Creator Code by one letter. Is blown off
> as silly and the problem not all that great.

The problem isn't that great because:
* It is not a problem with Mozilla. This is a Mozilla newsgroup.
* The icon mix-up is only a cosmetic problem.
* The file association problem can be worked around using the disk
  image trick.
* A usual end user isn't supposed to keep running Netscape 4.x after
  upgrading to Netscape 6.2. (Those who aren't average end users are
  supposed to be able to deal with the issue.)

> It is that great when you only have one drive;

Have you tried the disk image trick that I have mentioned numerous times?

> Some of the people here recently have actually had me to try certain
> things. I've removed all plugins except for Quicktime 5.0.2 and the
> Default plugin. The flashing has slowed down I can now quit without
> doing a force quit and it no longer cause a System Crash.

Did you check about:plugins to make sure Mozilla isn't loading
additional plug-ins from some other folder?

> I still have the flashing, though its on and off like a blinking light
> rather than a fast strobe light.

When a page is using plug-in content, the redraws flicker on Mac OS
8.5...9.2.1. It is a known bug. It doesn't happen on other platforms
(including Mac OS X).

> There is a window media Player for AVI files but there is no work on
> the AVI Codecs for years on the Mac Platform.

Actually, some work has been done on that recently for Mac OS X.

--
Henri Sivonen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]