On Mon, 03 Dec 2001 19:42:12 -0700,
Chuck Simmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
:DeMoN LaG wrote:
:> "Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
:> [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED], on 03 Dec 2001:

:> > I retired the summer after the first version of W-95 came out. We
:> > mostly used Windows 3.1.1. at the four high schools were the only
:> > ones allowed to try W-95. Am I remembering wrong but didn't the
:> > very first version of W-95 actually come out in 93 or 94? I am
:> > asking not stating as fact. so don't get wound up if I am wrong.
:> > Anyway it gives you an idea of how long since I have looked at DOS.

:> The first version of Windows 95 came out in 95

:August 95 was the first official release.

Betas were pretty readily available before then. I once saw a beta being
used as-was in a lawyer's office in early 1997. File Manager and all.
Version number came up as 3.95.

--
http://thingy.apana.org.au/~fun/                      http://www.rocknerd.org/
"Sorry sunshine, but I have clothes that have been around longer than you. All