Netscape Basher wrote:
> Christian Biesinger typed:

>>> He's right on this one.[...]
>>> So I uninstalled Netscape and installed Mozilla and all was fine.
>>

>> I said you need not register it. The following page describes how to
>> get rid of the "Activation" Screen.
>>
>> http://www.hmetzger.de/net6e.html#4
>>

> That's a hack, not a solution.

ARG! You have two possibilities: (actually, three)
Either you do what I suggested, or you do register for Netcenter, or you
close that window on every start of Netscape.

> You are out of touch with the general internet community, as are most
> Netscape champs and Mozilla developers.

This specific feature has nothing to do with Mozilla developers. It is a
Netscape only feature.
I would guess that Netscape Marketing or something is to blame.

And by the way: I don't care so much whether the Internet Community
finds Mozilla a usable browser. I would much rather have a browser that
I like myself.

                                                  -- Benjamin Franklin