Patrick Gallagher wrote:
> jukola wrote:
>
>> Christian Biesinger wrote:

>>> Did you get a "Talkback Window", asking you to send in crash
>>> information?
>>

>> Why would anyone send in "Talkback Information"?
>>
>> This "talkback" does not only send the information about what happened
>> just before the crash but also detailed information about your
>> computer and what's connected to it.
>>
>> Even if you unclick the unneccesary parts of the "talkback"
>> information this "customised" version of "talkback" is not stored but
>> you have to do it each and every time you send "talkback" information.
>> "Talkback" is talking back....
>>
>> I have abolished "talkback" long ago. It's a "NO" each and every time
>> a crash has happened and the question whether or not to send a
>> "talkback" is presented.
>>
> IF you're not willing to offer information about crashes to help build
> moz into a great and stable platform, why would you run it? The main
> purpose of using moz is (supposed to be) testing, and providing feedback
> that can assist in the development process - this is why the binaries
> are provided int he first place, isn't it?

I'm more than willing to offer information about crashes contributed to
Mozilla.

I'm though not willing to give away detailed information about my
present computer; type of processor, speed, the software I'm using, what
printer I have etc. and so on. This has nothing to do with the behaviour
of Mozilla during crashes. Mozilla is a software, "talkback" should not
be concerned about what printer I'm using, only of it's own drawbacks.

--
jukola