jukola wrote:

> Patrick Gallagher wrote:
>
>> jukola wrote:

>>> Why would anyone send in "Talkback Information"?
>>>
>>> This "talkback" does not only send the information about what
>>> happened just before the crash but also detailed information about
>>> your computer and what's connected to it.
>>>
>>> Even if you unclick the unneccesary parts of the "talkback"
>>> information this "customised" version of "talkback" is not stored
>>> but you have to do it each and every time you send "talkback"
>>> information. "Talkback" is talking back....
>>>
>>> I have abolished "talkback" long ago. It's a "NO" each and every
>>> time a crash has happened and the question whether or not to send a
>>> "talkback" is presented.
>>>
>> IF you're not willing to offer information about crashes to help
>> build moz into a great and stable platform, why would you run it? The
>> main purpose of using moz is (supposed to be) testing, and providing
>> feedback that can assist in the development process - this is why the
>> binaries are provided int he first place, isn't it?
>>

> I'm more than willing to offer information about crashes contributed
> to Mozilla.
>
> I'm though not willing to give away detailed information about my
> present computer; type of processor, speed, the software I'm using,
> what printer I have etc. and so on. This has nothing to do with the
> behaviour of Mozilla during crashes. Mozilla is a software, "talkback"
> should not be concerned about what printer I'm using, only of it's own
> drawbacks.

But the talkbalk sends back information on what Mozilla was doing and
the environmental variables that were affecting it at the time. This
type of information ensures that moz will perform up to par on different
types of systems, with different types of hardware and software. It
doesn't send information on who you are, just the things that affect
mozilla's operation, and interoperate with moz.

Patrick