Peter Lairo wrote:
> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
>
>> That's why people, of Islamic faith not living in the USA are suspicious
>> of the US.
>

> That is not the reason. The reason is more likely that they are afraid
> that their culture cannot survive when a better culture (human rights,
> democracy, freedom of speech - all rooted in LAW) keeps flaunting it's
> benefits.

Oh yeah, human rights like keeping prisoners in 1.8 x 2.4 m wire mesh
cages, right? Or like sending prisoners abroad to have them tortured,
because the US are too morally "superior" of course to torture them in
their own country. Or like practising legalized murder (death penalty).
Or like denying prisoners unable to pay for it the right to have
competent legal assistance in court. Or like denying foreign prisoners
the right to contact their embassy before being legally murdered (of
which the US was found guilty recently by the International Court of
Justice after having been sued by the German government, by the way).

If that's what you call "better culture" I prefer an inferior one. But
somehow I doubt that you even know what "culture" means.

HP

--
In Zeiten von Verwirrnis und Verdruß
geh' ich hinab in die Tiefgarage