200 years of Independence is a laugh...  I guess you've been alive for
all two hundred of those years to actually know how rediculous that is.
    So, if we're all basically Europeans, doesn't that mean that we have
behind us, not only the 200 years of independent culture which we have
developed but the cumilative history of all of Europe up to 1776 and the
present?  Our culture incorporates parts of every culture from around
the world, your culture stagnates and drowns in it's own overabundance
of perfume and pompensity.  You sit and laugh and call us stupid while
all the while growing more and more like us.  Your EU is nothing more
than an attempt to form a confederation with the ability to have the
power and resources that the US has from our union.  The British
Commonwealth is one of the greatest examples of the offspring leading
the dottering old parental figures into the next century.  We may not be
the first people to discover something and we may not be the first
people to do something, but we are the first people to pull it all
together.  Sit back and laugh and while your laughing, thinking you are
safe in warm, caught up in your traditions and history, make sure you
don't take your eyes off of your own youth as they look towards our
Nation with envy and regard and build an America underneath your own feet.