Ram A M wrote:
Agree. To repeat a comment I made in another thread, I think the
default address bar should not list pre-protocol-specifier items
(username/password@) nor post host-name data (/foo/bar/some.jsp), an
option should be to change back to the currently popular model of
showing the full gory bits.

The chances of this sort of change to the address bar are near-zero. But have you seen the new domain indicator in Firefox 1.0 and above?

* Retain the current "normal case" SSL/TLS Firefox UI:

  - display locked padlock in status bar
  - location bar background is yellow
  - site domain name from certificate is displayed in status bar

Again I say show the certificate subjectDN (organization, country..) and the basic domain name not the full address bar, these are valuable.

Why do you think they are valuable, given that we already display the domain name, which is unique?

Gerv