Anthony G. Atkielski wrote:
Jaqui Greenlees writes:

I have to write up the results, but a brief summary of a survey I did:
( 250,000+ people given survey )
80% leave sites as soon as they see flash

I certainly do.  Here in France, Flash is a plague; a majority of
commercial sites seem to use it extensively, and often you cannot even
enter a site without Flash installed and enabled.  As a result, I don't
visit a lot of French sites; until they stop hiring junior-high students
to build their sites, they are going to be clogging them with Flash
content.

Java is in the same category as Flash.  I immediately leave sites that
require Java to work.

actually, the abuse of flash is global. it's marketing by the web designers for express purpose of using latest tech for showing off.
( btw, those that liked flash sites, all of them were web designers. )

50% as soon as javascript noticed ( lack of functionality because it's
not active )

Every site should work with or without Javascript.  Unfortunately, many
designers take scripting for granted, and so the site won't work if
someone turns scripting off.  It's not nearly as bad as the Flash
illness described above, but it's still bad design.

all of them work or hobby with 3d graphics and animations, all with high
speed internet.
most ( 68% ) expressed distaste at even animated gifs on websites.

I agree.

so the javascript and flash for websites actually hurt business.
and animated image files ( .gif, .mng [ very few yet ]) are not appreciated.

I agree.  Are you going to publish these results somewhere where
business site owners might actually see them?

yup, I'm working on getting it written up completely, then I'll be publishing, on several websites for download, free.
including submitting it to the w3c.
doing something like this survey is useless unless the results are published. ~grin~
( personal learning aside )