Hi. I have a couple of my own questions about this.

It sounds like what's being referred to as "ABR" would be not only faster,
but more reliable (in quality terms) than the traditional VBR. So what's
the use of traditional VBR now?

Could Lame be changed to set "ABR" quality using the standard "-V<arg>"
option (instead of a bitrate)?

Shawn

Robert wrote-