On 17-02-13 12:47pm, Max Kellermann wrote:
> On 2017/02/13 10:32, Profpatsch <m...@profpatsch.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > You already submitted the same patch via GitHub, didn't you?  It's
> > > rejected without further explanation, but I told you that already.
> > > And I don't like to repeat myself.
> >
> > Err no, you are confusing me with someone.
> >
> > If you look at the patch, it just fixes the #include order
> > of one decoder plugin (otherwise i686 build throws an error
> > telling you to do so).
>
> This is the same patch:
>
>  https://github.com/MaxKellermann/MPD/pull/24
>
> But the submitter did not explain what was the problem.
>
> I get lots of patches for problems which turn out to be something
> else, or are bad ideas just kludging around with symptoms.  Maybe
> there is a problem, but I need to understand what it is.  None of my
> numerous build chroots have it, and there is no bug report about it.

It’s exactly as described. It doesn’t build on i686
because of check.h. If you look at check.h, the invariant
that config.h must come first in every file in order for
mpd to work on i686 systems.

Whether it is a good idea to have your program depend
on #include oder is a separate problem, but at least
mpd builds again (and correctly) on i686.

--
Proudly written in Mutt with Vim on NixOS.
A: http://five.sentenc.es