On 2017/02/13 16:15, Jan Mat??jka <m...@joja.cz> wrote:
> The problem is not reproducible. [...]This is why it got rejected,
> without any invectives.

Not exactly... some problems occur only for some people, and there's
always an explanation for different build behavior, even if it's not
immediately obvious.

But if something goes wrong, I want to know what went wrong, and I
want that explanation, even if it's boring work.  If I don't
understand the problems, I'm losing control of the project, and if I
lose control, random things start to happen.

The patch was rejected twice not because I couldn't reproduce it, but
because the two people who submitted it kept the build errors a
secret.  Just stating "it fails" is not something that allows anybody
to comprehend the nature of the problem.  One obvious idea is to
publish the verbatim error message.  But neither of the two did that.

Max