Hi

Le 19/03/2018 à 12:08, Max Kellermann a écrit :
> On 2018/03/17 15:42, Geoff <mxondeb...@free.fr> wrote:
>> Then I thought it should not return any track on my library since
>> "Boards of Canada"/"SKA008" is not tagged with albumartist.
>>
>> The tracks for this album only contains plain tags:
> [...]
>> Did I misunderstood the protocol regarding find command?
>
> Can this really be misunderstood?

I'm sorry but it can indeed, english is not my mother tongue though.

What I understood is that sorting with “ "AlbumArtist" falls back to
just "Artist" ” since this sentence covers the part about sorting find
command results [0].

I might be wrong be I don't think that "AlbumArtist" find type falling
back to "Artist" is explicit in the documentation.

It should be documented more explicitly.

IMHO since find command is an exact search in database, it is misleading
to have that kind of fall back, or at least, since it is convenient to
have it (it helps building my client actually), documentation should be
clear about it.

Once again, did i get something wrong, is my english that bad?

Geoff

[0]
https://github.com/MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD/blob/master/doc/protocol.xml#L1701-L1712