Should we tar it up and call it rc1?

Does make dist remove svn dirs? Does it now touch .c and .h files in
demos/calc? Does it name the tarball mpir-1.0.0.tar.gz automatically?

We should also test the c++ headers on a couple of systems to ensure
we didn't break anything there.

I also want to add a ticket to trac for the issue Jason Moxham fixed
that was reported on the gmp list. Can you remind me what that was?

Once tarred up we can do some testing to make sure that at least
configure is not broken on all the SkyNet machines, and check that it
builds and passes make check on a random sample of them. We should
test all Core 2 and Nocona machines fully as we've changed that code
again.