Hi all,

I'm a postgrad student at Warwick, and I'm hoping to start
contributing to MPIR in the next weeks and months.

My plan is to implement some basic arithmetic in MIPS, and then tidy
up the mpir_n functions, but to start I'm going to setup a git
repository to track the SVN repo.

If anyone is interested in switching to using git instead of SVN, then
let me know and we can try to sort out a central git repository (maybe
someone has already made their own?).  I've chatted with Bill, and we
can certainly have something on one of his machines here at Warwick.

I don't know if any of you have experience with git, but I would
certainly recommend that you take a look at it if you've not come
across it before.  SVN is incredibly slow and cumbersome in
comparison.  A lot of work has been done recently to make it more user
friendly, and there are a few windows ports on the way...

Dave.