On Jul 28, 12:50 am, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Jason Moxham<ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi ,
>
> > I wonder how many try this same but give up because it doesn't just work.
>
> It does work. yasm is optional (at least for 1.2.0). I used it to
> build GMP support in php on windows
> (http://pecl2.php.net/downloads/php-windows-builds/php-libs/VC9/x86/).
> It will complain when you load the sln but you can still build mpir.
>
> > I've
> > done the same , needed something , found a few packages on the net , first
> > one that installs and appears to work get used , the rest get dumped , even
> > though they could be way better . and if the package does what I want then I
> > wont change it for another . Even if the package isn't perfect , then I'm
> > more likely to continue with my current package than have to start from
> > scratch with a new one.
>
> > We bundle yasm with the linux build , and the linux bod's don't need to know
> > or care about it, How about the same for the windows bod's ? The only
> > problem
> > I can see is that can VC use yasm.exe without installing it into a "system"
> > directory?
>
> It can be installed somewhere in your path as well as far as I remember.
>
> By the way, is there any plan to support the VC assembler too?
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Pierre
>
> http://blog.thepimp.net|http://www.libgd.org

H Pierre,

There is no plan to support MASM in the WIndows build of MPIR.

By using YASM we can use the same assembler on both Unix/Linux and
Windows.

In contrast MASM is a Windows only product and this would make it more
difficult to develop assembler code that can be eaasily used wth both
GCC and VC++.