On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Jason Moxham <ja...@njkfrudils.plus.com> wrote:

> Actually being an apple machine can we narrow down the cpu some more , ie will
> it just be a core2 in 32bit mode , as apple didn't start using intel cpus
> until then ?

I think it will just be a core2 cpu. Below are the comments I received:

Can't build MPIR 1.3 in a way that pleases
gmpy: unless I use --disable_shared MPIR won't build (there's a note
in the .info about problems doing PIC on the Mac), if I do MPIR is
fine but gmpy can't link to it (because of the lack of PIC).

casevh