I did the simple fix of replacing all files that had PIC code with versions
that
dont . The most serious slowdowns are with dive_1 which is not used that much
and add/sub_n which is , here we had to fallback to C code. mul_basecase did
not need changing , so there should be not too much of a slow down in general.