first line is the problem

checking build system type... penryn-apple-darwin9.8.0

clearly we need penryn and core2 for the cpu
what about the darwin version ?
I can do darwin* or darwin9.* or ?
We need to know which versions have this different asm code for PIC

if you do
./configure --build=core2-apple-darwin
this will force a build with the current code

Thanks
Jason