OK, I have now documented the requirements in the relevant section of
the documentation. See here for a preliminary version:

http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/wbhart/mpir-ac/doc/mpir.pdf (note
the date on the title page is incorrect).

I have also added all the papers which we have used, and Peter
Schrimpton's name to the list of contribs, plus removed Chapter 13
which was empty. I made a few additional very minor corrections.

Bill.