I found another Ultrasparc2 which is set up correctly (same linux),
and the MPIR C++ tests pass no problems. So this confirms my belief
that gcc54 was just set up wrongly.

I'm going to close the longstanding ticket we have open for that, and
I'll just build on the other machine I have found, in future.

Bill.