On Mar 25, 12:39 am, "Chris Saunders" <e...@mountaincable.net> wrote:
> Well I tried this.  I made the suggested change to gmp.h in the root
> directory of MPIR.  I then rebuilt the library.  I then rebuilt the MPFR
> library using Brian Gladmans project for Visual Studio.  After this I got
> the same error.

This won't add the defines you need because mpir.h and gmp.h are
overwritten when MPIR is built.

To make a change permanent you need to add it to gmp-h.in and then
build MPIR

But you don't need to do this since you only need to change gmp.h when
MPFR is built - there is no need to rebuild MPIR itself.

For my part I just build MPFR from its SVN where these obsolete
symbols have been removed.