Is it sad that I am still here...?

That's Putty (you are using putty aren't you? If not I'd recommend it,
it is easier) getting upset, because the first time you connect to a
host you don't know if you trust it yet, so it decides to get upset, has
a little sulk and seemingly kills your connection. Try connecting via
putty first (login g...@github.com) just to make sure it works ok). It
(putty) will ask you do you trust the host, you say yes, it'll try to
log in then die because the user g...@... usually runs the git shell,
which isn't a shell like bash, it can only do git things. Does that make
any sense? So basically, you connect knowing it's going to fail just so
putty starts trusting your connection.

Also, bill gave us the commit url which is for when your ssh key is
included at his end - if you don't have your key up there it will die,
too. The public repository is: git://github.com/wbhart/bsdnt.git. That
should work.

Antony