Hey Brian. You mention the "soon to be released Windows 7 SDK" did you mean that there is going to be a new Windows 7 SDK as I already have one installed and wonder if I need to wait awhile before trying to use Visual C++ 2010 Express with the MPIR svn version?

Regards
Chris Saunders

From: "Cactus" <rieman...@googlemail.com>
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 5:05 AM
To: "mpir-devel" <mpir-devel@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [mpir-devel] Building MPIR with Visual Studio 2010

The files needed to build MPIR with Visual Studio 2010 are now in the
MPIR SVN repository.

The extent to which these files will work with Visual C++ 2010 Express
is unclear at the moment since this only supports win32 projects when
installed on its own.   But Microsoft have said that adding the soon
to be released Windows 7 SDK to VC++ 2010 Express will allow x64
builds.   There is hence a prospect that the build files will become
fully operational with the 2010 Express product in the not too distant
future.

Please also note that the assembler based builds of MPIR on Windows
use a version of the open source YASM assembler (vsyasm) that has been
specifically designed for use with Visual Studio 2010.   It is
available here:

  http://www.tortall.net/projects/yasm/wiki/Download

The MPIR build with Visual Studio 2010 needs to be considered as a
preliminary release at this stage as it has had very limited testing.
I would appreciate reports of any issues encountered with it and I am
willing to do what I can to assist with any problems encountered that
are reported here.

For those who are unwilling to build from the repository, we hope to
make a new release with a Visual Studio build capability fairly soon
now.

   best regards to all