Bill,

I could do this if you want - it's actually easier than gitweb on
Ubuntu, according to:
http://jiangyan.wordpress.com/2008/10/19/viewvc-ubuntu/. The steps would be:

apt-get install viewvc
echo "ScriptAlias /viewvc /usr/lib/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi" >
/etc/apache2/conf.d/viewvc.conf
vim /etc/viewvc/viewvc.conf - make changes in link, specifically, enable
syntax highlighting, point viewvc at svn, uncomment cvs.
service apache2 reload

done.

Apache on Ubuntu loads everything in /etc/apache2/conf.d as apache's
config - what you do is create exactly what is ways - a url which is an
alias to a script which returns the http response on stdout, rather than
apache just dumping a file. Said script is configured appropriately and
done.

You don't need anything like mod_python or mod_wsgi for this - I'm
guessing the first line in viewvc.cgi is #!/usr/bin/python.

Antony