Hi Jason,

>  NO , I really dont use windows at all , just for testing mpir or a few
> other things , even on on linux I only use the gui for web and email , the
> command line is KING

Well, maybe someone else reading this forum, who needs to/wants to deal with
windows vs. linux vs. mac os-issues, can/may benefit from my post. I maybe
wrongly assumed that that was what mpir (in part at least) is/was about. I
posted with the best possible intentions.

The ancient Egyptians, a great civilisation, did it all without
ever inventing the wheel, I guess any achievement is possible, even without
a GUI.

Cheers

degski.

PS: for command-line e-mail on windows, I can recommend blat, you can find
it http://www.blat.net/ to use it with gmail, you'll need stunnel, here
http://www.stunnel.org/ .