Bill Hart wrote:
> To my knowledge there are not even mpz_add_ux, mpz_mul_ux functions,
> etc. in the MPIR C library, let alone C++ analogues.

Well, is it worth adding such?

If you're using a platform which, despite its machine word width being
64 bits, doesn't support an LP64 programming environment, you have to
pay the price.

Obviously one can convert 64-bit long long ints to mpzs and compute with
these.

Adding more _ux and _sx functions would perhaps make more sense once we
get long longs that are, e.g., 128 bits on a variety of platforms.

Otherwise adding such functions would just break compatibility with GMP
[further], i.e., programs using these functions wouldn't work with GMP
on other platforms.  Although it's "To maintain full interface support
with GMP - MPIR is a drop-in replacement for GMP", not the other way
around. ;-)

2ct,

-leif

--