OK, then we do need a trace of the function calls and the parameters
that are passed for the failing test. Brian is probably right. It's
probably an n=0 or trunc=2*n or trunc=0  passed somewhere, or
something like that. I'm glad I left the code so that it doesn't deal
with these cases, as it may shake some bugs out. It is very odd that
it fails on such a small example though.

Bill.