Very interesting article on multi-precision integer arithmetic ported to GPU:
http://www.worldscinet.com/ppl/21/2103/free-access/S0129626411000266.pdf

Not sure about the license, because it appears to be based on ARPREC and QD,
which requires a fee for commercial use:
http://crd-legacy.lbl.gov/~dhbailey/mpdist/

But I think at least it would be a good read because they talk about the
obstacles and techniques that were necessary to get good performance.
They saw up to 6x speedup for GTX 480 card verses core i7 870 general purpose
CPU.  Coincidentally, that is my exact hardware setup.