Yes, you are right. I somehow managed to confuse myself, even though I
had noticed it was multiplications per second. Not sure how I managed
that.

At any rate, the new MPIR FFT (coming in the next version) will
hopefully help. It's easier to parallelise too. But eventually GPU
will probably win out.

I think CPU manufacturers might move in that direction and the two become one.

Bill.