From: mpir-devel@googlegroups.com [mailto:mpir-devel@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Bill Hart
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:09 PM
To: mpir-devel@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [mpir-devel]

Now that I am not on my mobile I can access the article and I see that they are
comparing with GMP (though they don't say what version -- and it makes a big
difference). [They also reference GMP as being written by the "GNU Open Source
Community". The GNU people would not be thrilled about that. They don't use the
phrase "Open Source" but "Free Software".]

Anyhow, the GPU only seems to beat the CPUs when the multiplications are small,
basically below the FFT range. Either way, the GPU is giving some speedup,
assuming they compared with a recent GMP. So it is interesting.

Bill.