-----Original Message----- From: Brian Gladman
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 11:39 AM
To: mpir-devel@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [mpir-devel] Re: MPIR 2.6 release progress

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Hart
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 10:40 PM
To: mpir-devel@googlegroups.com

Doing things manually risks overwriting changes that have been made in
trunk and may be error prone. We'd also lose the original commit data.

I don't like the idea of doing it without a proper merge.

=================================
I have done the merge from trunk into the mpir-exp branch and all is well on
Windows.

Most of the stuff that SVN reported was spurious as far as I can see.

But we now have a potentially nasty problem - in testing the merge from
MPIR-EXP into trunk, I get the message:

Error: Querying mergeinfo requires version 3 of the FSFS filesystem schema;
filesystem
Error:  '/home/mpir/svn_repos/mpir/db' uses only version 2

On googling, I find that solving this problem seems to require a Subversion
upgrade on the server followed by a repository dump and reload.

If we cannot organise this upgrade (which I assume won't be easy or quick
since there are likely to be many SVN users impacted by it), we will have to
revert to adding the changes in MPIR-EXP to the trunk manually as I
suggested yesterday.

What is your view on this Bill?