On Saturday, 21 December 2013 14:47:59 UTC, Rob Bowman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running mpir_config.py to create a specific build target for westmere
> (I chose 23) and I'm getting the error below. Can anyone help me with this
> please? I tried using Python 2.7 and then uninstalled that and used Python
> 2.6, but the error is the same with each.
>
> Listing follows:
>
>  1. gc
>  2. p0                 (win32)
>  3. p3                 (win32)
>  4. p3\p3mmx           (win32)
>  5. p4                 (win32)
>  6. p4\mmx             (win32)
>  7. p4\sse2            (win32)
>  8. p6                 (win32)
>  9. p6\mmx             (win32)
> 10. p6\p3mmx           (win32)
> 11. pentium4           (win32)
> 12. pentium4\mmx       (win32)
> 13. pentium4\sse2      (win32)
> 14. atom                 (x64)
> 15. bobcat               (x64)
> 16. core2                (x64)
> 17. core2\penryn         (x64)
> 18. k8                   (x64)
> 19. k8\k10               (x64)
> 20. k8\k10\k102          (x64)
> 21. k8\k8only            (x64)
> 22. nehalem              (x64)
> 23. nehalem\westmere     (x64)
> 24. netburst             (x64)
> 25. sandybridge          (x64)
> Space separated list of builds (1..25, 0 to exit)? 23
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Users\Rob\ ... some path ... \mpir\build.vc10\mpir_config.py",
> line 743, in <module>
>     n_list = [int(c) for c in s.split()]
> AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'split'

Apologies for asking a question that you have already answered.   It should
work on Python 2.7 but I must admit that all my development is on 3.x so it
hasn't been tested by me on Python 2.x for some time.

Its hard to see what can be going wrong between line 742 and line 743 -
input returns a string in the variable s in line 742 but line 743 fails
because split is being used on the variable s, which is now an integer. But
nothing has changed s from a string to an integer between lines 742 and 743!