On 21/12/2013 18:18, Rob Bowman wrote:
> Thanks, Brian.
>
> I installed Python 3.3 and it works fine. I'm not sure if mpir_config.py
> could be changed to be compatible with Python 2.6 onwards (I don't know
> Python), but if not then it would be a good idea to change the
> readme.txt as it recommends "Python 2.6 or later".

It could be changed to allow Python 2.6 or later to be used but it would
then require testing on these versions of Python, which is more work.

So, as you suggest, I have now changed the Windows readme.txt files to
make it clear that Python 3.x is now required.

> Incidentally, I am using Visual C++ Express 2013 and I have managed to
> build the westmere dlls (Debug & Release) and write a simple program to
> add 1000 + 1 = 1001, so all is well I think.

There was a minor error in the Visual Studio 2013 build but it seems
that this didn't cause you any difficulties - they are now corrected in
my MPIR repository (but not in Bill's).

> Thanks again for the fast help!

Its a pleasure - I'm pleased that it is now working for you.

  best regards,