On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 5:56:29 PM UTC+1, Bill Hart wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> from today until 28 Feb (incl.) I will be working exclusively on MPIR
> (with a couple of very small interruptions).
>
> Today I did the following:
>
> * cleaned up .gitignore to make git ignore all autogenerated files
>
> Great. I've been working on that lately.
There are some commits on my github branch.
I'll just rework on top of your updated branch.

Note that from my point of view, nothing coming automatically produced by
autoreconf should be tracked in the git repo.

* did autoreconf -i so that autoconf/automake work on my development
> machine (and replaced our original hacked versions of config.guess and
> config.sub). It looks like the fsf versions of those files were last
> updated in 2013, but I've made a ticket about perhaps updating them again.

Yup, I update the fsf files to make them work on Cygwin64.
Before that they dated from 2003 or 2006...