Hi all,

from today until 28 Feb (incl.) I will be working exclusively on MPIR (with
a couple of very small interruptions).

Today I did the following:

* cleaned up .gitignore to make git ignore all autogenerated files

* did autoreconf -i so that autoconf/automake work on my development
machine (and replaced our original hacked versions of config.guess and
config.sub). It looks like the fsf versions of those files were last
updated in 2013, but I've made a ticket about perhaps updating them again.

* Put details of all known (to me) MPIR tickets on GitHub:

https://github.com/wbhart/mpir/issues

If you do not see an issue you reported listed there, please feel free to
open a new ticket and supply details. We will use this ticket system
exclusively from now on, though prefer bugs to be reported to our list
first (if you already did that, go right ahead and open a ticket).

Note the email address thempirt...@gmail.com has not been checked in ages,
and it is not clear if we still have the password, since it was last used
by our late colleague Jason Moxham.