On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 8:43:25 PM UTC+1, Bill Hart wrote:

> On 4 February 2014 18:11, Jean-Pierre Flori <jpf...@gmail.com<javascript:>
> > wrote:

>>> There are some commits on my github branch.
>>> I'll just rework on top of your updated branch.
>>>

> Sure. Let me know when you are ready and I'll merge them.
>

>>> Note that from my point of view, nothing coming automatically produced
>>> by autoreconf should be tracked in the git repo.
>>>

> Unfortunately  I don't think we can do that. When we do make dist it
> expects that there is a valid configure and Makefiles. Also, running
> autoreconf throttles our hacked config.guess and config.sub. So it's not
> quite trivial to regenerate everything.
>
> What if we store the config.* wrappers with different names (let's say
configmpir.*), let autoreconf do its magic and update config.* and let the
configure script move the autoreconfed config.* to configfsf.* and the
configmpir.* to config.* first thing when executed?

It will be a little more painful when one wants to "make dist", but
"autoreconf -fiv (--no-recursive); make dist" should then just work fine
and we'll avoid all autoconf horrible commits.

I'll give it a shot on my branches.