The number of open tickets for the release has shrunk somewhat:

https://github.com/wbhart/mpir/issues?milestone=1&state=open

I will now wait until the Windows people are completely happy with
everything and all Windows testing is complete, then I will put up an alpha
and we can begin testing on other platforms.

I have recently made quite a few changes to format specifiers in test code,
so I hope this is all still ok on Windows. If not, please let me know. I
didn't fix this problem permanently, which I think will involve adding some
new format specifiers to gmp_printf and using it instead of printf, since
MSVC doesn't support the c99 format specifiers. But this can wait until the
next release.

Or perhaps there is a way to make recent MSVC accept C99 format specifiers
for uintmax_t, intmax_t and size_t and a workaround for %ld vs %lld.

Bill.