On 02/04/2014 19:57, Bill Hart wrote:
> The number of open tickets for the release has shrunk somewhat:
>
> https://github.com/wbhart/mpir/issues?milestone=1&state=open
>
> I will now wait until the Windows people are completely happy with
> everything and all Windows testing is complete, then I will put up an
> alpha and we can begin testing on other platforms.
>
> I have recently made quite a few changes to format specifiers in test
> code, so I hope this is all still ok on Windows. If not, please let me
> know. I didn't fix this problem permanently, which I think will involve
> adding some new format specifiers to gmp_printf and using it instead of
> printf, since MSVC doesn't support the c99 format specifiers. But this
> can wait until the next release.
>
> Or perhaps there is a way to make recent MSVC accept C99 format
> specifiers for uintmax_t, intmax_t and size_t and a workaround for %ld
> vs %lld.

As of Visual Studio 2013 it does :-)

VS 2013 has gone a long way towaards C99 and C++ 11.  See the links
below if you are interested in the details:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh409293.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2013/07/19/c99-library-support-in-visual-studio-2013.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh567368.aspx

Of course this is not much help if we want to continue support for
previous versions :-(