We aren't having any issues with MSYS2 or MSVC, so this appears to be an
ICC only problem.

Since I don't have a copy of ICC, I would advise taking the issue up with
Intel.

Their compiler defines __GNUC__ as it is basically supposed to do what GCC
will do. Who knows, they might consider it to be a bug.

Bill.