I've had a closer look at this, and ICC definitely supports the gas format
assembly and the constraints and modifiers that gas does.

But taking a closer look, you say that you are experiencing this with the
Intel Compiler for Win32 on an x64 machine.

The compiler and assembler need to be matching, so if you only have ICC for
Win32 then you have to compile with a 32 bit build project in MSVC. This is
exactly what the q modifier is for. It tells the assembler to use 64 bits.
But as you say, your assembler is a 32 bit assembler, so it cannot do this.

If there are further issues, you could see if Brian can help you with this,
now that we know what the problem is.

Bill.